ALLIGATOR SCHOOL HOUSE, TX
ALLIGATOR SCHOOL HOUSE, TEXAS. Alligator School House was a rural community on State Highway 309 two miles north of Round Prairie in southeastern Navarro County. It grew up around a school of that name built after 1900. In the mid-1930s the community had a church, a school, a cemetery, and a number of houses. The school was later consolidated with the Kerens school. In the mid-1960s a church and a cemetery were at the site, but the community no longer appeared on highway maps.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "ALLIGATOR SCHOOL HOUSE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrayd), accessed December 06, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.