BAGBY, TEXAS. Bagby is on Farm Road 1550 fifteen miles southeast of Bonham in the southeastern corner of Fannin County. In 1895 the Gulf, Colorado and Santa Fe Railway established the community as a railroad stop. That same year the Bagby post office opened. By 1900 the settlement had a church, a school, a drugstore, two gins, a general store, and a sawmill. In 1904, however, the post office closed. In 1944 the railroad discontinued service to the town. Since the end of World War II, Bagby has served as a church and school community for area farmers.
Fannin County Folks and Facts (Dallas: Taylor, 1977).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.David Minor, "BAGBY, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrb01), accessed November 23, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.