BAYVIEW, TEXAS. Bayview was a row of houses and scattered dwellings on Galveston Bay north of present Farm Road 646 and east of State Highway 146, between Kemah and Clifton-by-the-Sea in northwest Galveston County. A post office operated there from 1902 until 1913, when mail was rerouted to Kemah. The community appeared on state highway maps as late as 1937. After 1936 the settlement was taken in by the adjacent communities of Kemah and Bacliff.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Diana J. Kleiner, "BAYVIEW, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrb10), accessed December 11, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.