BONNIE VIEW, TX
BONNIE VIEW, TEXAS. Bonnie View is on Farm Road 629 in southern Refugio County, on acreage formerly a part of the Bonnie View Ranch of John Howland Wood. The area was colonized by settlers primarily of German and Bohemian descent. In 1907–08, when the ranch was divided into farm lots, local farmers established a trading community that included a store, a gin, and a school. In 1948 Bonnie View had several farms clustered around two businesses. By 1988 the population had dwindled to twenty-five, where it remained in 1990. In 2000 the population was 135.
Hobart Huson, Refugio: A Comprehensive History of Refugio County from Aboriginal Times to 1953 (2 vols., Woodsboro, Texas: Rooke Foundation, 1953, 1955).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Hobart Huson, "BONNIE VIEW, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrb44), accessed December 20, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.