BOYDS CHAPEL, TX
BOYDS CHAPEL, TEXAS. Boyds Chapel is at the intersection of U.S. Highway 180 and Farm Road 126, in west central Jones County. The site was settled in the early 1890s and named for Alex Boyd. A school was built there in 1895. Various faiths met in a church built by the Methodists until the Baptists also built a church. A local school district was established in 1927, but some years later the school closed. Boyds Chapel had a store from 1916 until sometime after 1947.
Hooper Shelton and Homer Hutto, The First 100 Years of Jones County (Stamford, Texas: Shelton, 1978).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.William R. Hunt, "BOYDS CHAPEL, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrb50), accessed March 14, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.