BRIARY, TEXAS. Briary (Briary Church) was thirteen miles northeast of Cameron in northern Milam County. It was named for nearby Big Briary Creek. Two churches, a school, and several businesses and houses marked its location on county highway maps in the 1940s.
Lelia M. Batte, History of Milam County, Texas (San Antonio: Naylor, 1956).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "BRIARY, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrb53), accessed August 22, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.