BULER, TEXAS. Buler, on State Highway 70 in south central Ochiltree County, was named for Davis H. Buller, who owned and operated a store there for several years. A local post office was established in June 1922 with Buller as postmaster, but it was discontinued at the advent of rural mail delivery from Perryton in November 1924. In 1940 Buler reported a population of twenty-five, but by 1950 its store had ceased operation, depriving the community of its center. In the 1980s a grain elevator stood about two miles south of the townsite at the intersection of State Highway 70 and Farm Road 281.
Wheatheart of the Plains: An Early History of Ochiltree County (Perryton, Texas: Ochiltree County Historical Survey Committee, 1969).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.H. Allen Anderson, "BULER, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrb62), accessed March 04, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.