BURROW, TEXAS. Burrow is near State Highway 66 fifteen miles southwest of Greenville in extreme west central Hunt County. The settlement, established in 1886 as a stop on the Missouri, Kansas and Texas line (which began building into the area in 1880), was named for W. T. Burrow, a local landowner. By 1899 a post office had opened there; it served the community until 1923. In 1915 Burrow reported a population of sixty and had a church and a school. By the mid-1920s it reported a population of forty and three businesses. Burrow's population was reported as seventy-five from the mid-1940s through the mid-1960s, after which no population figures were available for the town.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Brian Hart, "BURROW, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrb69), accessed October 22, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.