BERMUDA, TX (SHELBY COUNTY)
BERMUDA, TEXAS (Shelby County). Bermuda was nine miles north of Center and two miles southwest of Tenaha in northern Shelby County. The settlement received a post office in 1880, with Peter N. Bentley as postmaster. In 1884 the population was reported as twenty. The post office was discontinued in 1891, and the mail was sent to Center. In 1897 the settlement had a one-room, one-teacher school with forty-eight pupils. By 1938 the school had closed.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Cecil Harper, Jr., "BERMUDA, TX (SHELBY COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrb91), accessed December 10, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.