BEVERLY, TEXAS. Beverly was on the Lampasas-to-Belton stage line midway between Copperas Cove and Killeen in southern Coryell County. Arthur Whipple Beverly, a local rancher, served as postmaster when a post office opened in 1875. The office was discontinued in 1883, and mail for the community was sent to Sugar Loaf. The site of Beverly became part of Fort Hood in the 1940s.
Coryell County Genealogical Society, Coryell County, Texas, Families, 1854–1985 (Dallas: Taylor, 1986). John J. Germann and Myron Janzen, Texas Post Offices by County (1986).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "BEVERLY, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrbac), accessed September 20, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.