BETHLEHEM, TX (VAN ZANDT COUNTY)
BETHLEHEM, TEXAS (Van Zandt County). Bethlehem was near Farm Road 1504 eight miles northwest of Canton in northwest Van Zandt County. It had one white and one black school; the enrollment was forty-one in 1903 at the black school, which existed by 1890, and seventy-two at the white school in 1905. By the 1950s the school population was divided between the Edgewood and Wills Point school districts. New Hope Cemetery is located near the site. The 1936 state highway maps showed a school and scattered dwellings there, but by 1965 Bethlehem had disappeared.
Van Zandt County History Book Committee, History of Van Zandt County (Dallas, 1984).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Diana J. Kleiner, "BETHLEHEM, TX (VAN ZANDT COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrbay), accessed December 21, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.