BETHEL, TX (BURNET COUNTY)
BETHEL, TEXAS (Burnet County). Bethel is on Farm Road 963 eight miles northeast of Burnet in north central Burnet County. A school was established there in 1869. The settlement was closely linked with nearby Sage, which had a post office and a store but used the Bethel school. The school had one teacher and twenty-five students in the mid-1890s; it closed in 1941, when the area was consolidated with the Burnet Independent School District. Several houses and a cemetery marked the community on county highway maps in the late 1940s. Bethel had a community center and a few scattered houses in 1990.
Darrell Debo, Burnet County History (2 vols., Burnet, Texas: Eakin, 1979).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "BETHEL, TX (BURNET COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrbaz), accessed May 20, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.