BRIGHT STAR, TX (VAN ZANDT COUNTY)
BRIGHT STAR, TEXAS (Van Zandt County). Bright Star, at the intersection of Farm roads 47 and 1395, eighteen miles northwest of Canton in northwest Van Zandt County, had a school in 1890 that reached an enrollment of 102 in 1905 and was consolidated with the Wills Point Independent School District by the 1950s. State highway maps of 1936 showed a business, a cemetery, and scattered dwellings at the townsite, but by the 1980s only the church, the cemetery, and residences along the highway remained.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Diana J. Kleiner, "BRIGHT STAR, TX (VAN ZANDT COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrbba), accessed December 05, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.