BLUE SPRINGS, TX (VAN ZANDT COUNTY)
BLUE SPRINGS, TEXAS (Van Zandt County). Blue Springs, a farming community on State Highway 64 two miles northwest of Canton in northwest Van Zandt County, had a school by 1890; its enrollment reached thirty-one in 1905. State highway maps of 1936 showed a church and scattered dwellings at the townsite. The school was consolidated with the Canton Independent School District in the 1950s. By 1987 only a single business remained at the site, which was no longer listed as a community.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Diana J. Kleiner, "BLUE SPRINGS, TX (VAN ZANDT COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrbbb), accessed December 27, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.