BISHOP HOLLOW, TX
BISHOP HOLLOW, TEXAS. Bishop Hollow was a frontier settlement on the Frio River seven miles southwest of the site of present Pearsall in central Frio County. A post office was established in the community in 1878 and called Ireland; it was discontinued in 1881 and moved to the newly established railroad town of Pearsall. According to county sources the site was subsequently known as Bishop Hollow. In 1900 a local school by the name of Bishop had twenty-four students taught by one teacher. Bishop Hollow does not appear on twentieth-century maps.
Mrs. W. A. Roberts, "Frio County Has a Colorful History," Frontier Times, June 1936.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Ruben E. Ochoa, "BISHOP HOLLOW, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrbbg), accessed August 30, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.