BLACK JACK, TX (HENDERSON COUNTY)
BLACK JACK, TEXAS (Henderson County). Black Jack is on Farm Road 1803 nine miles northeast of Athens in eastern Henderson County. The settlement was evidently founded prior to 1900. A local school was operating by 1906, when it had an enrollment of 114. In the mid-1930s Black Jack had a church, a school, and a number of houses. After World War II the school closed, and in the early 1990s only a church, a cemetery, and a few scattered houses remained.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "BLACK JACK, TX (HENDERSON COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrbct), accessed January 31, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.