BARNES SWITCH, TX
BARNES SWITCH, TEXAS. Barnes Switch, also known as Barnes, is at the junction of State Highway 19 and Farm Road 1893, in western Trinity County. The settlement grew up near a switch on the Waco, Beaumont, Trinity and Sabine Railway in the early 1920s and was named for Dr. S. E. Barnes, a prominent physician. In the mid-1930s there were several stores in the area. In the early 1990s a single store remained, and the community reported a population of fifteen.
Patricia B. and Joseph W. Hensley, eds., Trinity County Beginnings (Groveton, Texas: Trinity County Book Committee, 1986).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "BARNES SWITCH, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrbfh), accessed December 12, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.