BIGGS, TEXAS. Biggs was 3½ miles northwest of Carthage in north central Panola County. It was established in the early 1880s and had a post office from 1884 to 1895, when the mail was rerouted through Delray. By the 1890s Biggs had two general stores, a gristmill, and a population of twenty-five. During the second decade of the twentieth century the settlement was dropped from maps.
John Barnette Sanders, Postoffices and Post Masters of Panola County, Texas, 1845–1930 (Center, Texas, 1964).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "BIGGS, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrbfs), accessed December 25, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.