BORREGO, TEXAS. Borrego was on the south bank of the San Antonio River sixteen miles southeast of downtown San Antonio in southeastern Bexar County. It was established around 1900, and by the mid-1930s it had a school, a church, a store, and a number of houses. With the growth of San Antonio after World War II Borrego gradually lost its separate identity, and by the 1950s it was no longer shown on maps.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "BORREGO, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrbgk), accessed December 24, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.