BRIGHT, TEXAS. Bright, eight miles north of Dawson in western Navarro County, was probably established in the late 1890s. A post office opened there in 1900 and operated until 1904. At its height around 1900 the community had a store, a gin, and a number of houses. By the mid-1930s Bright was no longer shown on highway maps.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "BRIGHT, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrbkd), accessed July 24, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.