BRUSH PRAIRIE, TX
BRUSH PRAIRIE, TEXAS. Brush Prairie, also known as Brushy Creek, is off Farm Road 1280 eleven miles northwest of Groveton in northwestern Trinity County. It was founded around 1900. In the early 1990s the Zion Hill Church and cemetery and a number of scattered houses still remained in the area.
Patricia B. and Joseph W. Hensley, eds., Trinity County Beginnings (Groveton, Texas: Trinity County Book Committee, 1986). Trinity County Historical Commission, Trinity County Cemeteries (Burnet, Texas: Nortex, 1980).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "BRUSH PRAIRIE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrbne), accessed January 28, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.