BONNERS MILLS, TX
BONNERS MILLS, TEXAS. Bonners Mills was a short-lived settlement on the Neches River in southwestern Angelina County. A post office opened there in 1876 but was closed the next year. The community was evidently named for W. H. Bonner, who operated a mill and served briefly as postmaster in 1877. The settlement had apparently been abandoned by the early 1880s.
Angelina County Historical Survey Committee, Land of the Little Angel: A History of Angelina County, Texas, ed. Bob Bowman (Lufkin, Texas: Lufkin Printing, 1976).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "BONNERS MILLS, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrbpv), accessed May 24, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.