BLUE SPRINGS, TX (NACOGDOCHES COUNTY)
BLUE SPRINGS, TEXAS (Nacogdoches County). Blue Springs was on Farm Road 226 twenty-five miles southeast of Nacogdoches in extreme southeastern Nacogdoches County. It was named for a nearby spring. A Blue Springs school was in operation by 1904, when it had an enrollment of fifty-four. During the 1930s the settlement comprised the school, a church, and a number of houses. The school was closed during the 1940s, and by the early 1990s only a cemetery and a few scattered houses remained in the area.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "BLUE SPRINGS, TX (NACOGDOCHES COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrbpx), accessed March 09, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.