CAMPTI, TEXAS. Campti is on Farm Road 414 eight miles northeast of Center in northeastern Shelby County. It was founded about 1880 and named for Campti, Louisiana, the hometown of many of the early residents. Its post office was established in 1902 and discontinued in 1908. The town had a store, a church, a cemetery, and several houses in 1946, but by 1988 only the church, the cemetery, and a few widely scattered houses remained.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Cecil Harper, Jr., "CAMPTI, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrc19), accessed December 18, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.