CARTER, TX (STEPHENS COUNTY)
CARTER, TEXAS (Stephens County). Carter was on Farm Road 717 in southeastern Stephens County. It was served by the Wichita Falls and Southern Railway. Highway maps of 1948 indicate widely scattered residences and a school called Bullock two miles south of Carter. By the 1990s Carter was a ghost town and no longer appeared on county maps; all that was left of the community was an abandoned railway station.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Julius A. Amin, "CARTER, TX (STEPHENS COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrc29), accessed May 20, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.