CENTERVILLE, TX (TRINITY COUNTY)
CENTERVILLE, TEXAS (Trinity County). Centerville, at the junction of State Highway 94 and Farm Road 358, nine miles northeast of Groveton in northeastern Trinity County, was founded in 1935 when a consolidated school was built in the area. Centerville's population reached 400 in the mid-1960s; most of the residents earned their livings from farming, ranching, or forestry. The community's population declined in the 1970s and 1980s; 1990 estimates put it at forty. The population was sixty in 2000.
Patricia B. and Joseph W. Hensley, eds., Trinity County Beginnings (Groveton, Texas: Trinity County Book Committee, 1986).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "CENTERVILLE, TX (TRINITY COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrc40), accessed April 23, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.