CHAMBERLAIN, TEXAS. Chamberlain (Chamberlin) was on the Chicago, Rock Island and Pacific Railroad near the route of what is now U.S. Highway 54 ten miles northeast of Dalhart in southeastern Dallam County. In 1947 the community had a grocery store and a population of fifty and received its mail from Dalhart. After the Rock Island line ended its Panhandle operations in the early 1980s, the line was taken over by the St. Louis Southwestern Railway. By that time the Chamberlain site had been abandoned.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."CHAMBERLAIN, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrc45), accessed December 19, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.