CHEISA, TEXAS. Cheisa was near the intersection of Cheisa Road and the Missouri, Kansas and Texas Railroad tracks, three miles southeast of Rowlett and ten miles northeast of downtown Dallas in northeastern Dallas County. It was named for John Cheisa, who settled in the area on Duck Creek before 1848. A store was moved from Rowlett to the Cheisa farm in the late 1880s, when the Missouri, Kansas and Texas line was built through the area. Cheisa was a railroad community by 1892; it had a switch on the railroad and eventually received a station. Its population was twenty-five in 1915, and it had twenty residents from the mid-1930s to the mid-1940s, after which no population statistics were available. In the 1980s the former townsite was within the city limits of Rowlett.
Daniel Hardy, Dallas County Historic Resource Survey (Dallas: Dallas County Historical Commission, 1982).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Lisa C. Maxwell, "CHEISA, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrc47), accessed July 25, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.