CIRCLE, TX (LAMB COUNTY)
CIRCLE, TEXAS (Lamb County). Circle is at the intersection of U.S. Highway 70 and Farm Road 1842, five miles southeast of Springlake and six miles west of Olton in northeast Lamb County. It was on ranchland of Christopher C. Slaughter and was known as Punkin Center by 1928, when Abe Winkle established a store there. Later the town adopted the name of Circle for a curve in U.S. 70. D. G. Hobbs opened a cotton gin in 1936. The Hopewell Baptist Church was a mile west of the community. In the 1960s two businesses were active, although the church had been discontinued by 1968. The community still appeared on county maps of the 1980s and was still listed as a community in 1990. In 2000 the population was six.
Evalyn Parrott Scott, A History of Lamb County (Sudan, Texas: Lamb County Historical Commission, 1968).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Charles G. Davis, "CIRCLE, TX (LAMB COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrc58), accessed February 01, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.