CLIFTON, TX (VAN ZANDT COUNTY)
CLIFTON, TEXAS (Van Zandt County). Clifton was at the juncture of Farm roads 47 and 2475, seventeen miles northwest of Canton in northwest Van Zandt County. It had a population of fifteen, a seasonal industry, and scattered dwellings by 1936 and a population of twenty-five in 1939, but by 1965 only a single business remained at the townsite. Both the Enterprise and Bright Star newspapers were produced there. No population figures were recorded after 1939.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Diana J. Kleiner, "CLIFTON, TX (VAN ZANDT COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrc68), accessed July 12, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.