CLIMAX, TX (NACOGDOCHES COUNTY)
CLIMAX, TEXAS (Nacogdoches County). Climax, on La Nana Bayou off U.S. Highway 59 eight miles south of Nacogdoches in southern Nacogdoches County, grew up around 1900 as a flag stop on the Texas and New Orleans Railroad. In 1910 the population was twenty-eight. At one time there were several stores in the area, but by the early 1990s only a few scattered houses remained.
Nacogdoches County Genealogical Society, Nacogdoches County Families (Dallas: Curtis, 1985).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "CLIMAX, TX (NACOGDOCHES COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrc69), accessed December 26, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.