COLLEGE HILL, TX
COLLEGE HILL, TEXAS. College Hill, seven miles south of DeKalb in southwestern Bowie County, was established in the early 1890s by W. H. Patty, who operated a gin and sawmill. A post office was granted in 1902 but discontinued in 1907. The population of College Hill reached 100 in 1915. In 1938 the school was consolidated with those in eight other communities to form the James Bowie Consolidated District. The building was located in Simms. College Hill had a store and a population of thirty in 1945. In 1984 it had a church, a cemetery, a business, and a few scattered houses. In 1990 the population was 116. No population estimates were available in 2000.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Claudia Hazlewood, "COLLEGE HILL, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrc78), accessed December 19, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.