CRANZ, TEXAS. Cranz, apparently named after a local family, was just east of the Caldwell county line in northwestern Gonzales County. A post office operated there from 1905 to 1913. By 1914 Cranz had a telephone connection, a cotton gin, a blacksmith shop, and a population of fifty. In 1922 the town had three businesses and continued to report fifty inhabitants. By 1948 its population was still listed at fifty, but the number of businesses had dropped to one. Cranz was no longer shown on the county highway map by 1965.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Stephen L. Hardin, "CRANZ, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrcad), accessed September 02, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.