CRESTONIO, TEXAS. Crestonio, on the Texas-Mexican Railway twenty miles southwest of Benavides in southern Duval County, was founded in 1902 and named after Creston King, the son of local landowner W. R. King. A post office was established there in 1913, with Charlie D. Adams as postmaster, and by the next year a cotton gin was operating in Crestonio. From the 1920s to the 1940s the population of the town was estimated at twenty-five. Its post office closed in 1944. In 1947 Crestonio had a school and church, but by 1955 the school had been consolidated with the Realitos school district. By 1975 the community consisted of a few scattered dwellings. Crestonio was no longer shown on a 1990 map of the area.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Martin Donell Kohout, "CRESTONIO, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrcag), accessed September 23, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.