CROSSROADS, TX (HARRISON COUNTY)
CROSSROADS, TEXAS (Harrison County). Crossroads is named for its location at the intersection of Farm roads 31, 2625, and 2199, nine miles southeast of Marshall in southeastern Harrison County. The settlement was founded before 1897, when the Crossroads school served twenty-three pupils. In 1904 the community had four schools serving 416 black pupils and sixty-three white pupils. In 1965 Crossroads had two general stores facing each other across Farm Road 31, and in 1990 the site had two churches, a cemetery, and several scattered dwellings. In 2000 the population was 100.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Mark Odintz, "CROSSROADS, TX (HARRISON COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrcan), accessed July 28, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.