CHUB, TEXAS. Chub was located about four miles northeast of Midland in Midland County. It probably developed as a station point on the Texas and Pacific Railway after that line came through the area in the early 1880s. Both railroad and highway maps in 1936 listed Chub, and the stop had a pumping station, tanks, and a row of dwellings. By the 1970s highways maps of that section of railway along U.S. Highway 80 no longer showed Chub, but U.S. topographical maps still identified it as a populated place in the 1990s.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Laurie E. Jasinski, "CHUB, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrcbc), accessed May 23, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.