CORINTH SCHOOL COMMUNITY, TX
CORINTH SCHOOL COMMUNITY, TEXAS. The Corinth School Community was in southeastern Ellis County. It began when the one-room Corinth School was built in 1870. The Corinth Baptist Church and churches of other denominations met in the school. In 1894 the school had fifty-two students. Eventually the schoolhouse was moved to Ensign, and the Corinth School Community ceased to exist.
Edna Davis Hawkins, et al., History of Ellis County, Texas (Waco: Texian, 1972).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Lisa C. Maxwell, "CORINTH SCHOOL COMMUNITY, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrcca), accessed December 18, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.