CONCORD CHURCH, TX
CONCORD CHURCH, TEXAS. Concord Church is three miles west of Elmwood and eleven miles north of Palestine in northern Anderson County. In the 1930s the community had a church, a district school, and a number of scattered dwellings. In 1932 the Concord school served thirty-seven pupils. During that decade, however, it was consolidated with the Montalba schools. By 1985 Concord Church was a small crossroads community with a church, a cemetery, and several homes. Concord Baptist Church and Cemetery received a Texas Historical Marker in 1997. By 2000 county maps simply identified the community as Concord. No population estimates were available.
Historical marker files, Texas Historical Commission, Austin (Concord Baptist Church and Cemetery). Thomas Paul Jones, The Reorganization of the Public Schools of Anderson County, Texas (M.Ed. thesis, University of Texas, 1934).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Mark Odintz, "CONCORD CHURCH, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrccm), accessed March 07, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.