CAVE CREEK, TX (CORYELL COUNTY)
CAVE CREEK, TEXAS (Coryell County). Cave Creek was a small rural community ten miles north of Gatesville in northern Coryell County. It was nicknamed Peruna or Perunie after a patented medicine, high in alcohol content, which was sold at the general store. On paper the Cave Creek community had a post office called Peruna from July until October 1899, but the office was never in operation. The Cave Creek school had twenty-nine students and one teacher in 1904; it was consolidated with the White Hall school in 1929. The community was not shown on county highway maps in the 1980s.
Coryell County Genealogical Society, Coryell County, Texas, Families, 1854–1985 (Dallas: Taylor, 1986).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "CAVE CREEK, TX (CORYELL COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrccp), accessed August 30, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.