CHUMLEY, TEXAS. Chumley is on a country road off of Farm Road 353 three miles east of San Augustine in northeastern San Augustine County. In 1904 it had a school serving eighteen pupils and one teacher. In 1940 it had a cemetery and a number of dwellings. By the 1980s Chumley had a number of dwellings, a cemetery, and a church.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Mark Odintz, "CHUMLEY, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrccw), accessed June 16, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.