CORINTH, TX (LEE COUNTY)
CORINTH, TEXAS (Lee County). Corinth is 3.5 miles north of Giddings in south central Lee County. A school known as Corinthian was in operation there by 1900 and in 1905–06 had twenty black students. For a time the school building was also used as a church. In the mid-1930s the community had the combined school and church building, a cemetery, and a few scattered dwellings. By the early 1950s the local school had been annexed to the Giddings Independent School District. In 2000 only the church and cemetery marked the site of the community.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "CORINTH, TX (LEE COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrcdh), accessed October 22, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.