COLBERG, TEXAS. Colberg was near present Farm Road 3238 fifteen miles west of Austin in western Travis County. A post office opened there in 1883 with Ernst Hallmann as postmaster. In 1884 Colberg reported two churches, a district school, a steam gristmill and cotton gin, and forty residents. The post office was discontinued in 1885, and mail for the community was sent to Oak Hill.
John J. Germann and Myron Janzen, Texas Post Offices by County (1986).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "COLBERG, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrcdp), accessed January 25, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.