CREAGLEVILLE, TEXAS. Creagleville, on Farm Road 17 just south of U.S. Highway 80 and the Missouri Pacific line ten miles northeast of Canton in northeastern Van Zandt County, may have been named for Henry Creagle, a resident of the county when it was organized in 1848. Creagleville had a church and cemetery in 1890 and a school that reached an enrollment of sixty-one in 1904. In 1936 Creagleville had a school, a church, two cemeteries, and multiple dwellings. By the 1950s the local school had been consolidated with the Grand Saline Independent School District, and by 1987 the county highway map showed only a church and the cemeteries at the site.
Mary E. Valandingham, Early Scholastic Records for Van Zandt County (Center, Texas, 1968).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Diana J. Kleiner, "CREAGLEVILLE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrcdr), accessed March 09, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.