CLEAR SPRINGS, TX (SMITH COUNTY)
CLEAR SPRINGS, TEXAS (Smith County). Clear Springs is just south of Farm Road 1995 three miles west of Carroll in western Smith County. It was originally part of the Sheldon Graves Survey. In 1936 Clear Springs had two churches, a black elementary school, and a small collection of dwellings. Forty-two students attended the two-teacher school, which had been consolidated by 1952 with the Lindale Independent School District. Maps for 1973 and 1981 identify Clear Springs as a cemetery and a few scattered farms.
Edward Clayton Curry, An Administrative Survey of the Schools of Smith County, Texas (M.Ed. thesis, University of Texas, 1938).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vista K. McCroskey, "CLEAR SPRINGS, TX (SMITH COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrcdv), accessed March 10, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.