CLOVER, TEXAS. Clover was near the Travis county line four miles east of Smithwick in southeastern Burnet County. A post office was established there in 1900. One early postal route map placed the Clover post office in western Travis County. Although the post office may have been in someone's home in Travis County when it was established around 1900, the focus of the community itself seems to have been in Burnet County. The post office was discontinued in 1914, and mail for the community was sent to Spicewood. Clover was not marked on county highway maps in the 1940s, but a few scattered houses were shown in the area; these were no longer marked in the 1980s.
Darrell Debo, Burnet County History (2 vols., Burnet, Texas: Eakin, 1979).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "CLOVER, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrced), accessed July 22, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.