CREAM LEVEL, TX
CREAM LEVEL, TEXAS. Cream Level, a farming community eight miles southeast of Canton in southeastern Van Zandt County, was probably named for nearby Cream Level Creek. The town school was built by 1890 and reached an enrollment of thirty-eight in 1905; it was consolidated with the Martins Mill Independent School District by the 1950s. A post office operated at Cream Level from 1888 until 1891, after which mail was delivered from Martins Mill. In 1890 Cream Level had a general store, a corn mill and gin, and a population of thirty-five, but it subsequently declined. Cream Level was not shown on the 1936 county highway map.
Mary E. Valandingham, Early Scholastic Records for Van Zandt County (Center, Texas, 1968).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Diana J. Kleiner, "CREAM LEVEL, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrceg), accessed November 01, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Modified on March 26, 2012. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.