CHINQUAPIN, TX (VAN ZANDT COUNTY)
CHINQUAPIN, TEXAS (Van Zandt County). Chinquapin was twelve miles south of Canton in extreme south central Van Zandt County. In 1890 it had a school, that reached an enrollment of forty-six in 1904 and was consolidated with the Athens Independent School District by the 1950s. A cemetery and scattered dwellings marked the community on state highway maps in 1987. Chinquapin was still listed as a community in 1990.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Diana J. Kleiner, "CHINQUAPIN, TX (VAN ZANDT COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrcej), accessed January 27, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.