CANA, TEXAS. Cana was north of State Highway 243 and eight miles west of Canton in west central Van Zandt County. The 1936 county highway map showed a church, a cemetery, and scattered dwellings at the townsite, but by 1987 the community was no longer shown on maps.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Diana J. Kleiner, "CANA, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrcep), accessed November 24, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.