CORINTH, TX (PANOLA COUNTY)
CORINTH, TEXAS (Panola County). Corinth is just off Farm Road 315 sixteen miles southwest of Carthage in southwestern Panola County. It was settled around the time of the Civil War and developed around a church called Corinth. A school was in operation there by the mid-1890s; in 1897 it had an enrollment of forty-one black students. In the mid-1930s the community had a church, a school, a cemetery, and a number of houses. Its school was later closed, and its students were transferred to the Carthage or Gary schools. By the mid-1960s only a church, a cemetery, and a few scattered dwellings remained in the area. In 1990 Corinth was still a dispersed rural community.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "CORINTH, TX (PANOLA COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrcfs), accessed July 23, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.