CADDO, TX (WILSON COUNTY)
CADDO, TEXAS (Wilson County). Caddo is on Farm Road 3335 eighteen miles northeast of Floresville in eastern Wilson County. The community was first settled around the time of the Civil War. A school was in operation there by 1896, when it had an enrollment of sixty-four. In the mid-1930s Caddo had a school, a gin, a church, and a number of houses. After World War II the school and gin were closed, and in the early 1990s only the church and a few scattered houses remained.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "CADDO, TX (WILSON COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrcha), accessed February 01, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.